Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Andy Gibb made me change my husband plans.

I knew at a very young age I wanted to be married by the time I was 21.  I am not sure why 21 was the magical age.  I was also going to have 5 boys and no girls and my house would be spotless.  I was going to drive a red, fast car and always wear high heels.  I was also going to be doctor.  My husband was going to be a musician and his name was Andy Gibb.

 I started making my marriage plans to Andy Gibb at the age of 5.  I was very detailed on what I wanted in my marriage and Andy's role in my life.  Everything was planned and Andy Gibb died.  I was so upset.  I cried and threw things and ripped up all my notebooks with my perfect marriage.  I also missed a day of school because I was just too sad to attend.

I decided I would change up my plans a bit but I was still settled on marrying a musician.  While watching MTV one day, back when they played music videos, I saw a set of twins with flowing blonde hair.  I have found my new husband, Gunner Nelson.  I picked Gunner because his name was very cool.

(What is with the blondes?  I always imagined my children with very dark hair and you don't have that with two blonde parents.)

The Gunner Nelson romance fizzled quickly as I outgrew my childhood expectations and more bad boy musicians showed up in the music scene.  I dated some guys who were nice guys, some, not so nice guys.  I became a single parent when I was 22 (never married).  None of these things were in my plans.

After a strange meeting with a guy, my roommate, and the internet, I went on a date with a single father.  I picked him up for our date.  I have an active imagination and felt I would be less likely to be murdered if I drove.  I watched him walk toward me and all I could think was, this guy is going to be a jerk.  He walked in a cocky way, he was tall, dark, and handsome which all RomComs point out is the bad boy.  This was not going to work.  I need a positive male example for The Daughter.

We went for a hike and to dinner.  He was very funny!  I talked the whole time due to my nerves and he listened. I played Neil Diamond in the car and he didn't complain.  I was sure this was a fluke.  I have met men who were good at first and changed over time.  He didn't change, except he expressed his dislike for Neil.  Boo!

Well, it worked out it seems.  My Sexy Man and I have 2 boys together and have been together for a long time now.  Is it perfect, you ask?  It is perfect for me (I would say it is perfect for us, but I didn't ask his opinion.).  I have to work very hard on the relationship because I can be difficult.  He is so easy going and makes me laugh every day.  He has also been my biggest supporter this year, Becoming Me.  I become anxious when I know he is reading this blog.  I care about what he thinks.  (If you know me, you know this is a big deal.)  BONUS:  He is a musician! Check!

So, Thank You Andy Gibb for Shadow Dancing and I Just Want to Be Your Everything!  Thank you for helping me change my plans.

Sorry you died, though.




No comments:

Post a Comment