Monday, July 6, 2015

The sass is overwhelming.

I get a lot of sass everyday in my life.  It comes from every part of my life.  I am currently all sassed (is that a real word?) out.

I have a teenage daughter who is, normally, a good kid.  She does suffer from being sassy.  She has interrupted me three times since Friday to tell me to stop talking because she already knows what I am going to say.  Really?  You already know what I am going to say before I even say it?  Strange.  When did your clairvoyant gift start?  Have you always had the gift?  Is this a new development? Please enlighten me with your wisdom.  I decided when it happens again, I will stop talking and wait until she was done being a rude little turd and start assigning chores.  Let's see if she knew I was going to say that!

My youngest adores the Daughter, so guess what wonderful habit he picked up from the Daughter? You guessed it!  The sassy, clairvoyant gift! He appears to be more receptive to the chores being assigned.  There may be hope for him, yet!

In my job I have to work with many different professionals.  I, occasionally, encounter other social workers who are very rude and sassy.  I find this to be the most strange regarding sass.  Why are professionals acting like my teenage daughter?  I tried assigning them chores.  It doesn't work as well as I would like.

I have been experiencing a large abundance of sass the last four days.  So glad I have yoga tonight.  I need to release some of this stress before I become cranky.

2 comments:

  1. Damian kept walking away from me the other day when I was telling him what I needed at the store, and where to find it. (I was trying to be helpful and not let him wander the store looking for stuff.) Anyway, because he kept walking away acting like he knew what I was going to say, I decided to not tell him he could get a soda for going to the store for me. He's horrible at acting like he knows it all. ;-)

    ReplyDelete